Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Earthquake; Blogs Win

Just got a 5.6 out here. Me and another guy were in the office - I was rockin out to my headphones and started feeling something weird. So I kinda look around and see my coworker's face - he's got that 'wtf?' look. So, I took off my headphone and just sat there trying to figure out wtf was going on - shit was swayin - especially these gargantuan light fixture things we have. Told my co-worker he might want to move out from underneath the one he was under.

The blogs had people posting in real-time - saying stuff like, "Oh shit - an earthquake just hit as I'm posting this," or this guy, who says "the house is still swaying a little". Google News picked up this AP wire article about ten minutes after the quake.

It's pretty darn cool to be able to get immediate reaction from neighbors.

And all the Google Maps stuff helps, too.

No comments: