Saturday, May 07, 2005

John Rocker - Still a Racist Loser

ESPN.com published an article on loserboy Rocker - dude's still trying to make a comeback. It might be heroic if he wasn't still such an ignorant, racist bore.

So, his PR lady, Debi Curzio, sets up a website for the loser - and loser-boy keeps running his mouth, saying more outrageous shit. Since the dude can't take the heat of having his own emailbox, he lets Debi get them all. Nice. Cowardly - as I expected.

I decided to drop her a little line because of something Rocker said in the article (I've chopped the URL's a bit for formatting):

Debi,

I'm managing to be calm right now only because I'm extremely tired. I just made the awful mistake of reading the 'Foreign territory' article by Wayne Drehs on ESPN.com (link below). I know that ignorance is bliss. I know we are all ignorant of lots of things - important things, and I'm no different than anybody else, but I've never made racist remarks to a national sports magazine, and I actually have and continue to make strong efforts to decrease my ignorance on all sorts of topics - including racism and associated areas of study.

In the aforementioned article, Rocker contends that Hank Aaron and Jackie Robinson didn't have to put up with six years 'of crap'. This statement is at least as outrageous as anything he said about people on the No. 7 train. Aaron and Robinson never got the chance to *not* be hated, as Rocker did. They were born black in America - they were born hated. Nor could Aaron and Robinson hope to end their persecution after only six years. They couldn't hope to erase their blackness just because they felt they'd suffered enough, and 'hey, how much am I supposed to take?'

We Americans can be a pretty dumb lot, but some things you just can't put past us. Rocker has not changed. He will not change. He's not interested in changing. He thinks his way is the right way. No amount of propaganda will shake our conviction that Rocker is the strongest of believers in white, American supremacy.

He should immediately apologize for these outrageous remarks. That a professional, white baseball player who first hit controversy in his public life around the year 2000 wants to pretend to know what it was like to be a black baseball player - the first black baseball player of 'the modern era' - in the 1950's is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

If this loser Rocker wants to learn about why people still hate him - and we do - tell him to read a book on the black players he so carelessly tries to use as a backstop for his own abuse - try this one on Jackie Robinson:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/...

And when he's done with that, tell him to read this small book on race - so he can pretend to begin to understand the magnitude of his crimes:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/...

Truly despicable.


ESPN Article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2054529&num=3


Quote from article:
“I've taken a lot of crap from a lot of people. Probably more than anybody in the history of this sport. I know Hank [Aaron] and Jackie [Robinson] took a good deal of crap, but I guarantee it wasn't for six years. I just keep thinking: How much am I supposed to take? ”
— John Rocker


This guy just needs to go away.

No comments: