Friday, February 03, 2006

Egypt No Better Than U.S.

You knew the U.S. didn't give a fuck about foreigners, and you knew the U.S. didn't really care about its citizens, either - especially its black citizens - but Egypt is no better:

Egypt has thus far declined offers of search and rescue assistance from the United States, Britain, and Israel.


There it is - love and hate. Either your government loves you, or it hates you. The governments of Egypt and the U.S. hate their respective citizens.

This article says most of the 1,400 on board died, and has one Egyptian citizen, whose brother is missing and presumed dead, up in arms:

"This is a dirty government, may God burn their hearts as they burned mine," one woman wailed, slapping her face in grief. "I want my brother. I have no one else in this life."


I think that pretty much sums up how I feel about my dirty government.

No comments: