Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Durbin Apologizes for Remarks on Abuse

I'm shocked. A Dem told the truth, and then he apologized for telling the truth. He deserves whatever he gets for being so cowardly. Thousands of innocents are suffering and dying in Guantanamo and hudreds of other U.S. military facilities around the world, yet Durbin decided he needed to apologize. For telling the truth...un. fucking. believable. Or not - this is a Dem we're talking about...

He gets letters:


That apology was one of the most cowardly acts by a U.S. Senator I've ever witnessed. Have you no compassion for the thousands of innocents are being brutalized and murdered at the hands of American troops all over the world?

Outrageous and disgraceful. Turn in your badge.

You have no idea what you even apologized for. It makes me sick. It makes me think you had no idea what you were making the criticism for in the first place.

Absolutely disgraceful. Please resign - seriously. At least I can count on a Republican to stick to his guns. I'd rather battle an enemy I know.

Your act of cowardice, while not as bad as hooding and waterboarding the prisoners yourself, has certainly helped to further legitimize the practice. How many more will suffer and die thanks to the tearful apology, for telling the truth, of one Senator Durbin?

No comments: