Thursday, December 04, 2003

Crackin me up...

Are you a bored first grade schoolteacher? Want to 'up the ante' a bit so as to, I dunno, get some attention for yourself, or prove to your students how smart you are, or maybe just have a little fun? Well, I've got an idea for you, but you've got to act FAST. Christmas, after all, is right around the corner!

Mind you, it's not my idea, so I can't take credit for it, but I can take some credit for helping to disseminate joy around the world with this little tale of how a nice first grade schoolteacher in Florida told her students that Santa was make believe. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

I swear I'm still laughing! I can imagine this schoolteacher having a battle of wits with one of his/her students:

teacher: Christmas is around the corner.

student: I can't wait to see Santa!

teacher: Santa is make-believe.

student: huh?

teacher: Santa is make-believe. You didn't know that?

student: <gulp>

teacher: Yeah, it's just something adults tell children to make them happy around Christmas.

student: Santa is not make believe...

teacher: Duh! How do you think Santa could have time to get to everyone's chimney in just a few hours?! And most people don't even have chimneys!

student: <bawl><cry><bawl><cry>!!!

teacher: Don't worry - you'll still get your presents.

No comments: