Monday, January 29, 2007

Recent Ship Positions in San Francisco Bay

I don't know who the heck BoatingSF.com is, but they got this wickedly-cool real-time map of all the big boats moving around San Francisco and San Pablo Bays. The image below is a snapshot, with my mouse pointing to a yellow arrow (my mouse disappeared in the snapshot, but I pointed it towards the yellow ship heading north - right in the middle of everything, with the blue ship kind of tailing her) - yellow meaning 'passenger vessel'. In this case, as you can see in the upper-left hand corner of the image, I'm point to the Solano, one of the ferries belonging to the Baylink fleet.


Golden Gate Ferry also gets people around. There are a few others. Bottom line - ferries are darn cool. Is there a better way to get to work?

No comments: