Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cornel West on Al Jazeera



Al Jazeera is cranking out like 10 videos a day, but I'll be darned if I have any way to get notified of any of them. YouTube says I'm supposed to get one email a week. WTF? And YouTube offers no useful RSS feeds.

Every time I start watching Al Jazeera again, I feel like I've been living in a cave. Of course, they're only on YouTube because American 'free market' companies won't carry the channel.

Man - I love Brother Cornel. And I've seen him do a bunch of speeches and a few interviews, and I think he just kills this one - just totally crushes it - couldn't have been better.

Just posted this directly from YouTube. It kinda sorta seemed to work, almost. You lose all ability to format. Anyways, be sure to watch Part 2, also.

But seriously, though, how could Blogger exist for what, now, ten years or something? and still not be able to update a blog post with a simple <embed> object without getting an error that you have to fix manually? Seriously - blogger has been the biggest piece of shit for how long now - years? How is that possible? It's not like I want it to be reliable or anything, I just want it to work at the most basic level. Too much to ask? Google? I've been thinking of dropping this blog on WordPress. I just got one step closer.



...here is the Al Jazeera RSS feed!

No comments: