Saturday, March 11, 2006

Valley of the Wolves - Iraq

Just watching the trailer, there seems to be a lot of truth to this movie. I mean, they show some Abu Ghraib stuff, they show some stuff about the Afghan Massacre - transposed into the Iraq conflict I suppose, but it's all true. I mean, the Jewish doctor harvesting organs? Yeah - that sounds pretty blatantly anti-semitic, but all the other stuff is true. The anti-Semitic stuff, to me, would be automatic grounds for dismissal from any film festival. It kind of bumps up against freedom of speech, so I could be moved to reconsider, but at this point I definitely would not approve of the message of anti-Semitic rhetoric in a film, even if I would defend someone's right to freedom of speech and expression.

Oh yeah - the movie has Billy Zane in it.

Will the movie show here in the U.S.? Even in art house cinemas, maybe? I want to see it.

Gary Busey, too? Maybe it's their way of protesting the war?

No comments: