Thursday, February 26, 2004

Gettin' Some Love From Salon's King Kaufman

King Kaufman of Salon.com writes (I think a daily?) column called King Kaufman's Sports Daily. In general, I'd say he does a decent-to-good job. I probably agree with him...30% of the time, but his stuff is still semi-interesting to read. That's tough, methinks, especially in the sports writing community. It's a rare occasion when I can read something, disagree with it, and still respect the writing. The reason for that is because I read so much Republican/GOP/Bush argument and so much of it is total bunk - so completely dishonest. But that's a story for another day.





A couple of days ago Kaufman wrote about ESPN's new reality show, Dream Job, that was being hosted by Stuart Scott. He subtitles his article with this little ditty:


ESPN to its talent: You can be replaced. "Dream Job" shows that any untrained bozo can be as annoying as Stuart Scott.


Of course, I disagreed with him. I think Stuart Scott is probably the second best sportscaster on ESPN, if not the best, and not annoying at all. So, I wrote something, and he posted it - edited for viewing pleasure, of course.





Here is a link to a short Stuart Scott article in Black Enterprise magazine. And here is a very cool audio stream from the Tavis Smiley's show on PBS.

No comments: