Friday, January 28, 2005

Carlos Delgado: Role Model

What else is there to say? The dude is against the Iraq War, and he shows it, and offers a hearty F-U to anyone who disagrees with his right to express himself:

An opponent of the war in Iraq, Delgado refused to stand when God Bless America was played last season at games involving his Toronto Blue Jays. Instead, he would stay on the bench or go into the dugout tunnel.

"I wouldn't call it politics, because I hate politics," Delgado said Thursday after finalizing his four-year, $52 million contract. "The reason why I didn't stand for God Bless America was because I didn't like the way they tied God Bless America and 9/11 to the war in Iraq in baseball.

"I say God bless America, God bless Miami, God bless Puerto Rico and all countries until there is peace in the world."

Maybe there are some other brave baseball players, and other professional sports players, out there?

No comments: