Thursday, November 25, 2004

QOTD: "It adds a personal touch"

We've written about the incompetence and wastefulness and fraudulence of the TSA before (here, here), but we caught a quote in a story of their latest debacles that we just couldn't resist. This snippet is of two women - the first getting 'the once-over', and the other who seems entertained - probably because she hasn't yet been violated:

Elaine Fitzgerald, spokeswoman for the annual Air & Sea Show at Fort Lauderdale beach, said the wire in her bra set off metal detector alarms last Christmas, well before pat downs became routine.

"They put me in a corner with my back to the public," she said. "They had a woman actually squeeze my bra cups. She apologized profusely. She seemed embarrassed. And I didn't like it one bit. But I was at their mercy, and I was late for a flight."

Unni Marie Berg, of Boca Raton, said because the pat down enhances security, "I don't mind at all. I think it adds a personal touch."

And there you have it folks, your quote of the day. Want some service with 'a personal touch' - head to the airport!

Like James Bovard said when asked at a post-9/11 security panel what are one's rights when flying - he said, "You have the right not to fly."

Awesome.

No comments: