Sunday, June 20, 2004

The Korean Drudge?

Seems most people who know Matt Drudge either love him or hate him. His Drudge Report website is part gossip, part conservative news lede generator. He may soon have competition.

South Korean reporter and entrepreneur Oh Yeon Ho has created a website called OhmyNews.com that makes 'every citizen a reporter'. This tagline is essentially the same as Drudge's musings: "this is the digital age, everybody's a reporter, who decides? I don't force people to come to my site. Either they think I'm trustworthy or they don't." In general, I agree with Drudge. And as I've been blogging these past few months - and followed the 'real' news sources - major tv networks and newspapers - I'm now completely convinced that Drudge is *much* more reliable, and *much* less biased than any other news source. That goes for CNN, Fox, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. We could debate it, but right now, that's where I'm at.

Check out the Newsweek article here.

Anything that weakens the big corporations' hold on the media is a good thing, in my opinion...

UPDATE: Here is the English version of Ho's site.

No comments: