Monday, March 27, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

They were awesome. Saw them on their first SF show - Friday night - at the Great American Music Hall. The venue was awesome, and the band were better. Fuckin worth my two months wait. Awesome awesome awesome.

The lead singer, Alec Ounsworth - that dude could...sheesh. Great singing, and he wailed on guitar. I mean, he really made that thing look like a tool - an 'instrument' if you will. And he was using it to craft energy, man. Vibing through the air like wonderful sickness.

Just, unreal. So frickin happy I got to see those dudes. I was upstairs on the balcony - 'dinner tickets' - where, if you show up early enough, you get dinner. Who knew? But the view was awesome. I'm not sure how much it mattered, but I was excited, and would have been excited to be anywhere in that joint. Shit.

Really not possible to overpraise the work that Ounsworth was doing up there. Place was just pure energy, and it had a lot to do with him and his guitar.

To their credit, I've finally seen a decent San Francisco music crowd. Finally.

p.s. every new song I've heard from them sounds legit. I still can't believe that BSS got a 9.2 to Clap Your Hands 9.0 - Pitchfork. That mess is wack. With this new album, Pitchfolk won't be able to use the 'we never heard of them' excuse.

No comments: